Thursday, July 22, 2010

Muse Poem

there’s a skelton in my closet

Heaven knows what should cause it

bound out with ugly claws it

opens ugly jaws to posit

that chrysanthemums are owls

licking bony jagged jowls

leaning in the windy howls

stems that bend and snap

fall into her velvet lap

green and mossy where they fall

if they even fall at all

like the stringy gossip thrall

whispered lips into the wall

(through a crack inside the wall)

like the lovers’ clandestine call

but thinner, violent and small

bound up inside my closet

nightmare composite

with a murderous Electra wit

if I even could control it

but the lock won’t split

light still unlit

press my ear against the grit

the tongue inside spits dictation

the door muffling its rations

shallow recitation

syntax broke against negation

prison-cell plantation

musing visit’s exploitation

my skelton’s teeth a constellation

beauty heaves inside her breasts

lingers on her breath

sweet sigh c’est

plus puissant que la mort

unchanged in Death I’ll take a listen

mumble barely above a frisson

(she says nothing else rhymes with listen)

save her eyes which surely glisten

at the thought of what I’m making

from the thoughts of hers I’m taking

with her knees aching, mind breaking

I’m making her

art unfinished, she’s waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment